If you want to connect your Xbox One, you'll have to follow the instructions for that console listed in the link provided. The methods are essentially the same but differ slightly.
Method 2Wired Connection
- Use an Ethernet cable. The Xbox 360 comes with an Ethernet cable that you will need to make a wired connection. You can also use other Ethernet cables as long as they are compatible with your console. Be mindful of your console’s distance from the Internet source: you don't want to get a cord that is too short!
- Connect the Ethernet cable. You will find the Ethernet port at the back of the Xbox 360. Connect the Ethernet cable to this port and then connect the other end to your router or directly to your Internet modem. Make sure the connection is secured.
- Turn on your console. You can now turn on your Xbox 360 after connecting the Ethernet cable at both ends.
- You can power on your console by touching the power sensor of the Xbox 360 on its front panel or by pressing the Home button on your Xbox 360 controller. You can also open the tray by touching its eject sensor and the console will automatically turn on.
- The console should automatically be connected to the Internet upon boot-up.
Method 3Wireless Connection
- Access Wi-Fi. The Xbox 360 can easily access the Internet wirelessly in an instant! It has a built in Wi-Fi adapter that allows it to connect to your router automatically.
- Power on your console. The first time you turn on your console, it will not yet automatically connect to the Internet, since it hasn’t memorized your router’s access information yet.
- Connect your router. In the Network menu, Xbox 360 will display all the Wi-Fi hotspots within its signal’s reach. Once the Xbox 360 detects your router in the Network, select it and you will be able to access the Internet. You may have to enter your router’s password first, depending on your router’s security settings. Xbox 360 will now remember this wireless setup and use it automatically on your following sessions.
- If you have an Ethernet cable connected to your console, it will automatically go into “wired” Internet connection mode. If you want to stay connected wirelessly just disconnect the Ethernet cable from your unit.
- You may need to adjust your console’s wireless configuration setting if your console fails to connect to the Internet. When in doubt, set everything to automatic or simply reset to default.
- You may need to have Xbox Live Gold subscription to fully enjoy Xbox Live.
- It is said that connecting via wired method produces more stable online experience.
- Make sure that you have the slim Xbox 360 version for the wireless method to work on your console. Otherwise, you will need to purchase an Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter for your old version Xbox 360.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
How to use HDMI and AV Component Cable with xbox 360
How To: VGA Cable To Computer Monitor (Xbox 360)
hook up xbox 360 to live using a network adapter from ...